Your choice of career path requires you to meet specific health and safety standards as outlined by Ontario law. The Ontario government and the organizations offering you a clinical placement have mandated specific medical and non-medical requirements that must be met by you, before you can begin your first clinical or work term placement. These measures are there to protect you, your co-workers and those that you will serve in your work placement.
The Requisite Program is the service approved by Centennial College, that will review and validate that you have met these requirements. Our qualified and experienced Registered Nurse will meet with you face-to-face to review your Clinical Pre-placement Health Form and required documents to determine if you have been cleared for your clinical placement.
Please note: If you have not signed and submitted a release form to Michelle Wray in the School of Community and Health Studies, you will not be able to set up an account. Once the release form is submitted to Michelle, please allow one week for processing before your account can be created. Release Form
If you still have not completed your Clinical Pre-placement Health Form, please go to Centennial College Online Placement for program health forms and additional information.
**Important Notices for All Students**
- Due to the high volume of student bookings, there is a strict No Walk-In policy. This is to ensure that students who have booked their appointments online are seen at their scheduled time.
- Do NOT call to book appointments. Appointments may only be made online through this site.
- Appointments may be cancelled on-line within 48 hours of their start time. Short notice cancellations must be phoned into ParaMed at (416)289-5000 X 8071. Failure to provide 48 hours notice will result in a missed appointment fee.
- Once you have seen the ParaMed Requisite Nurse, please allow 48 hours for the data to be entered into the website.
- Don't forget to bring your Immunization Record and/or yellow card with you to your appointment along with all other required documents.
- Clinical Preplacement Staff are not available during the lunch hour (12:00-1:00)
- You are required to bring 2 copies of all documents and certificates; your original AND a photocopy to your appointment at ParaMed.
How much will this cost?
- Appointment with ParaMed: $53.14
- Second Appointment required: $22.01
- Missed appointments without 48 hours notice: $53.14
- Photocopies $3.00
- Rates effective May 1, 2015. HST included where applicable.
How to Book An Appointment?
For all first time users:
Appointments are opened up on a weekly basis so be sure to check-in often for available spots.
Before you can create an account to book an appointment online with the Requisite Nurse, please make sure
that you have completed the following requirements:
- Registered to your course or program with a valid Student ID.
- Signed and submitted a release form to Michelle Wray in the school of
Community and Health Studies.
- Completed all requirements on your Clinical Placement Health Form.
Once you have completed all of the above requirements, you may create an account (Create Account)
and follow the step-by-step instructions to book an appointment on-line with a Requisite Nurse.
You can log in any time to view the status of your clinical placement.
If you are having problems setting up an account, please contact:
ParaMed IT HelpDesk (Website Account/Support Inquiries)
1-866-289-8784 (Mon-Fri Hrs: 8:00am-5:30pm)
Where Do I Go For My Appointment?
Book a visit at the following Requisite location...
Room 352, Morningside Campus, 755 Morningside Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1C 5J9
Scarlet Dreimanis, Clinical Placement Administrative Officer
-or- Tel: 416-289-5000 x 8122
(Mon-Fri Hrs: 9:30am-2:30pm)
ParaMed IT HelpDesk
(Website Account/Support Inquiries)
(Mon-Fri Hrs: 8:00am-5:30pm)
ParaMed Home Health Care has been providing exceptional-quality health care and support services in Canadian homes, hospitals, assisted living centres, long-term care centres, schools
and offices - 24 hours a day, seven days a week since 1974. We currently operate 22 home care centres in communities across Ontario. ParaMed has achieved accreditation status through Accreditation Canada.
For more information on ParaMed, please visit our website @ www.paramed.com